Microsoft launched Office 2007 over 10 years ago, and now it has finally reached the end of its support lifecycle. As of October 10, 2017, Office 2007 and Office for Mac 2011 are no longer supported.
What’s the risk to your business?
- No new security updates
- No new features, updates or bug fixes
- No online technical content updates
- Reduced functionality when integrating with modern versions of Office
- Microsoft product support to fix issues is no longer available
- Custom support agreements are not available
- On October 31, 2007, Outlook 2007 clients using Office 365 will no longer receive support
Upgrade now, and get these enhancements and more.
- Access your files anywhere, whether you’re online or offline.
- Protect your company and customer data with enterprise-grade security
- Work together on documents with your coworkers with coauthoring
- View previous versions of files so you can track and compare document changes as they progress
- Create professional presentations in minutes with a large selection of built-in charts, graphs and templates
- Remain always up-to-date with the latest versions of Office
Avoid disruption to your business operations.
Step 1: Choose your approach
The first thing to decide when upgrading your Microsoft Office solutions is to determine whether you plan to host your own data on premise or move to the cloud.
Option 1: Move to the Cloud with Office 365 (Most Popular Option)
Migrate your old Office 2007 clients and services to Office 365, which is always available and always up-to-date. You’ll never have to worry about upgrading again.
Option 2: Upgrade to Office 2016 Clients and Servers
Make sure to take advantage of any Software Assurance benefits you have to update or replace your on-premise infrastructure.
Step 2: Choose your product
We believe the best way to get Office is in the cloud for many reasons, including ease of migration, Office apps anywhere you need them, and you always have the latest version of Office. These are our favorite solutions for upgrading your Office 2007 licences:
Step 3: Migrating is easy and secure
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, SoftwareMedia uses Microsoft’s most highly recommended migration tool. You’ve got the experience of thousands of high quality migrations with zero downtime. Plus, because of our relationship with Microsoft, we’re able to offer great prices on Office 365 subscriptions, saving your business hundreds of dollars or more. Learn more.
Common Myths About the Cloud
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your options now that support has ended for Office 2007.