With Windows Server 2016 on the horizon, Microsoft has announced a new offer to make moving to Windows Server 2016 more affordable for those still using VMware vSphere. Through June 30, 2017, if you are an existing VMware customer, you can get Windows Server Datacenter licenses for free when you buy Windows Server Datacenter and Software Assurance.
How to take advantage of this offer:
- Engage your account executive to begin the process
- Identify virtualized workloads to migrate and specify the Windows Server Datacenter cores required
- Provide your account executive proof of eligibility (offer applicable to customers migrating from VMware to Microsoft)
- Engage your partner to start the migration process
- Receive free Windows Server Datacenter licenses with Software Assurance to kick-start your migration
Remember, when you add Software Assurance to your Windows Server license, that entitles you to additional capabilities, like Azure Hybrid Use Benefits, which can help ease transitions to the cloud.
While you have until June 30, 2017 to take advantage of this offer, the sooner you make the move, the sooner you’ll realize the value of Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V and your ability to move to the cloud on your terms.