As computer viruses get more sophisticated, your computer, or network, is increasingly vulnerable to an attack, especially if you don’t stay up to date with the latest antivirus applications. When a virus does get in and messes everything up it’s important to have a plan in place to recover lost or corrupted data. That’s why having a backup solution is so valuable. It’s your last line of defense. Your plan C or D. Or F. If you have backups of your hard drive or network it may take some time to bring it back online, but you will still have most of your data in uncorrupted form. We’ve put together three of the best backup solutions for your PC or Network below.
Norton Ghost 15.0 protects your applications, settings, folders, files and everything else on your PC with professional grade backup and recovery. So you can quickly restore your PC and recover lost or damaged files.
Norton Ghost 15 is one of the industry’s most advanced PC backup and recovery solutions. Windows 7 compatible Norton Ghost 15 now offers 25G and 50G Blu-ray Disc support. This version also introduces a new cold imaging feature that images computers without installing the product. In addition, Norton Ghost uses Symantec’s powerful ThreatCon indicator to automatically back up PCs in the event of a severe security threat.
- Multiple Storage options Backs up to almost any media, including CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire (IEEE 1394) devices, Network drives, and Iomega ZIP and JAZ drives
- Offsite backup – Backs up your files to network-attached storage devices
- Full system backup (disk image) Backs up everything on a Hard Drive or partition
- Incremental and differential backup Backs up only files that have changed
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 for Windows Servers delivers centralized management to easily extend your backup infrastructure across distributed environments and remote offices so physical or virtual server protection is easily managed as your business grows. With a sleek and streamlined administration console, Symantec Backup Exec 2012 for Windows Servers makes it easier than ever to efficiently manage backup and recovery operations across your physical and virtual infrastructure.
Symantec Backup Exec replaces confusion with confidence, offering complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes and three simple steps. An intuitive wizard-based approach provides all of the disaster recovery capabilities needed in a Windows environment in less than 10 clicks. Should disaster strike large or small, Backup Exec 2012 is immediately ready to restore your business at any scale, from full system servers to individual files, quickly.
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
Every minute of downtime can result in lost opportunities, customer loyalty and loss of revenue. Drive Copy Professional has been developed especially for the computer technician, system integrator and the system administrator to minimize the negative effect of system downtime. Quickly and easily migrate your corporate data and applications online, copy drives on multiple systems or perform disk-to-disk backups that you can boot from immediately!
- High-Capacity Hard Drive support. Migrate an existing system from MBR to a new Retained (Hybrid) GPT disk and gain access to the entire HDD capacity.
- Migrate OS to SSD. Copy only the System & System Reserved partitions to a new Solid State Drive.
- Automatic alignment. Automatically aligns partitions to boost drive performance.
- WinPE 3.0 recovery environment. Enjoy support of a wider range of hardware configurations with the option to add drivers for specific hardware on-the-fly.
- Dissimilar Hardware support. Migrate existing systems and make them bootable in a new hardware environment.
- Copy Features. Copy a full hard disk or a separate partition, and resize a partition while copying.
- Scheduling for copy operations. Set up a timetable for copy operations with new flexibility.
- Wide migration options. Migrate to another hard drive, different hardware, or to a virtual machine.
- P2P Adjust OS. Make an existing Windows installation bootable on different hardware.