Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows 8
Microsoft’s new operating system has taken a radically new approach to the user interface. It’’s sleek, it’s simple – and it’s controversial. Some Antivirus developers are already learning from what Microsoft has done and packaging it into their own software. Others are working hard to make sure what they have is compatible.
Bitdefender’s Windows 8 Security is an excellent example. It performs the same function as previous versions of software, and is just as effective. But it is also attractive, friendly and extremely easy to approach.
1. BitDefender Windows 8 Security
BitDefender has been the leader in PC security for the last few years, outperforming the competition pretty handily. While the products we also recommend below do the job well enough, Bitdefender comes out on top once again.
BitDefender Windows 8 Security is the first internet security solution specifically designed for the new Windows 8 operating system. It holds four important features dedicated to Windows 8 Online Safety.
- Early Startup Scanner
- BitDefender is integrated with the Windows Security Center and constantly keeps you informed of the security status of your PC.
- Proactive App Scanner
- Automatically analyses your Windows 8 apps and notifies you when one has been compromised
- Scan Boost Technology
- Experience the antivirus product you’ve always sought – high scanning speed, top antimalware protection and a streamlined experience.
- Security Info
- Prevents dangerous malware from infecting your computer at Windows 8 startup, using ELAM technology.
“Bitdefender’s antivirus technology gets stellar ratings from the independent testing labs [..] Very good malware blocking and phishing protection.” – July 2012, PC MAG Lead Security Analyst, Neil. J. Rubenking
2. Kaspersky AntiVirus 2013
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 brings you the essential antivirus technologies that your PC needs – in a product that’s easy to download, install and run. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 works behind-the-scenes – defending you and your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, rootkits and other threats… all without a significant impact on your PC’s performance.
- Protects against all viruses
- Detects new, emerging and unknown threats
- Identifies suspicious websites and phishing websites
- Prevents malware from exploiting vulnerabilities on your PC
- Automatic download and installation features
3. Norton AntiVirus 2013
Norton Antivirus’ five patented layers of protection and powerful cloud features eliminate viruses and spyware, so you can go online and share safely. You can go online and share knowing you’re protected with the advanced reputation and behavior antivirus technology that stops viruses and spyware.
- All types of viruses
- Online identity theft when you bank or shop
- Bad files and websites when you browse and share
- Phishing scams
- Hard-to-remove infections
4. G-Data AntiVirus 2013
G Data AntiVirus 2013 offers instant protection against viruses, Trojans and other malware using a modern, intelligent combination of two antivirus scanning engines, cloud technology and system monitoring. Includes hourly virus signature updates, software updates, and free version upgrades.
- Instant protection when surfing: G Data Web Cloud blocks dangerous websites
- Instant protection when mailing: G Data Mail Cloud blocks virus outbreaks immediately
- Instant protection for Online-Banking: BankGuard protects against dangerous Banking-Trojans
- Instant protection through behaviour checking: recognizes suspicious behaviour of new viruses
- Optimal virus detection using a combination of two virus scanning engines
- Light on resources due to fingerprinting and idle scan running when you take a break
- Hourly updates protect you from new threats
- Emergency-DVD for cleaning already infected systems
- Including AntiVirus for Android™ smartphones.
5. F-Secure AntiVirus 2013
F-Secure Internet Security 2013 protects the content on your computer and safeguards you when you are browsing the web. Computer security is protection against viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and identity theft. Online safety is protection against harmful websites, getting fooled during any activities online or protecting your children against unwanted websites or uncontrolled online life.
- Real-time cloud-based technology for instant protection against viruses, spyware and all other malicious attacks
- User-friendly firewall to prevent hacker attacks to make sure you are always safe
- Blocks spam and phishing emails
- Protection against identity theft