7 Easy & Fun Photo-Editing Software Products
Mason Hymas | On 21, Feb 2013
Editing photos can be very fun, especially if you have software that allows you to create your vision quickly and simply. A lot of photo editors can be complex and confusing for someone who isn’t a professional and who just wants to spruce up their pictures. Fortunately there are a lot of great options for the amateur photographer! We’ve put together a list of some of the best options below, along with some fun additions to try out:
Paintshop Photo Express 2010
Anything you want to do with your photos is easier with Corel PaintShop Photo Express 2010. Organize and find photos fast thanks to the simple new design. Edit and enhance photos with one-click editing tools, and make everyone look their best. Create fun projects like photo books, slideshows, cards and more to surprise your family and friends.
Email photos, put them on DVD, upload to Facebook and Flickr, or take them with you on your mobile phone with just a few clicks. Enjoy support for Windows 7, including Jumplists, libraries and new Windows Touch capabilities.
Photoshop Elements 11
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 for Mac and Windows is a comprehensive yet simple solution for managing, enhancing, and sharing your digital photos and video clips. The software supplies all the tools you need to crop photos, add effects and text, create online albums, and upload photos and videos to your favorite social-networking sites. With Guided Edits, you get step-by-step assistance creating professional-quality effects.
- Advanced Image Enhancement Tools
- 100 Paint Effects and Patterns
- Manage and Search Large Photo Libraries
- Online Albums and Printing Templates
- Direct Facebook Tagging and Upload
- Share Video Clips to YouTube and Vimeo
- Brighter, More Intuitive User Interface
- New Guided Edits and Filter Effects
- New Adobe Revel Connectivity
- New Google Maps Geo-Tagging
STOIK Imagic is a combination of photo album, organizer, photo viewer, image and video editor with exhaustive set of tools for all your media needs and tasks. From convenient organizing and cataloging through fast media indexing, browsing by folders, calendar, tags, to powerful search by file and EXIF attributes to automatic batch enhancement, panorama and HDR stitching, RAW conversion, generation of games and paint-by-numbers, and video authoring, STOIK Imagic most likely has what you need to accomplish your photo-editing goals.
Imagic photo editor offers a comprehensive set of tools in a single package for photo and video editing. It has everything to edit images and videos from a lightning-fast image viewer to comprehensive digital darkroom and pic editor. Imagic is a good choice for editing your photos.
FOTOBOX allows you to create spectacular photo slideshows on DVD or CD, complete with transitions, music and narration. Simply plug the SD memory card from your digital camera into the Fotobox, and then plug the Fotobox into the USB port on your PC. No software installation is required, and the program will automatically run.
- SD Memory Card Reader Included: Supports SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC Plus, Mini SD, and Micro SD
- No Software Installation: The program runs directly from the FOTOBOX. Simply plug in and start creating a slideshow.
- Various Themed Templates: Create amazing slideshows with the help of ready-made themes.
- Edit Pictures: Crop, rotate, remove red eye, adjust brightness and contrast or graphic effects to pictures with only a few clicks.
- Add Background Music: Add music and voice-over narration to your favorite pictures.
- Various Effects and Menu Creation: Offers many different transition, motion and title effects, and lets you create your own menus.
- Watch Video on PSP/iPod: Convert created slideshow into MPEG4/AVC format and watch it on your portable device.
- Upload to YouTube/facebook: Upload your slideshow directly from the software with One-Click option.
- DVD creation: Burn your slideshow on DVD/CD and watch it on your TV.
Corel Paint it! is not just another photo-painting filter. It relies on your input, letting you control the painting process while encouraging your creative spirit. You can start and stop the painting at any time, restore original details from the photo, and add your own special touches. The result is a unique, hand-painted, personalized portrait that’s sure to ‘wow’ your friends and family. Whatever your hobby, interest, skill level, or motivation, Corel Paint it! lets you create art from your photos. It’s easy and fun, and your masterpieces will be perfect for jazzing up that scrapbook, family album, greeting card, or any other visually creative endeavor.
Pixlr Editor is a relatively advanced and powerful free online image editor. There are quite a few different free online image editors available and this can make it difficult for users to decide which is right for them. To an extent, most of these web applications fall into two broad groups.
The first group is for casual users looking for a straightforward way to improve their digital photos before sharing them and Pixlr Express is an example of such an application. Pixlr Editor, however, falls into the second group and these look like fully fledged pixel based image editors that run in a web browser. Anyone who has ever used Adobe Photoshop will feel very comfortable using Pixlr Editor, though there are some idiosyncrasies that can disrupt the flow a little.
Pixlr Editor is a good looking, free, online image editor with a number of attractive features:
- Clear and logical user interface
- Layers support with blending modes, masks and layer styles
- All the tools you’d expect from a fully-fledged pixel based image editor
- Quick and responsive in use
- Powerful adjustment tools including Curves and Levels
- Full screen mode maximizes work space and makes it feel like a desktop application
- Extensive range of filters for creative effects
- Save and share images online using the built in save to www.imm.io option
Pixelmator is an image editor for Mac OS X that allows you to create, edit, and enhance your images. Interface designed for work with images, layers-based image editing, use over 20 tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, typing, measuring, and navigation. Use over 15 color correction tools, use over 50 filters, and adjust image size and resolution. Transform images, layers or selections using transform tools, fill and stroke images, layers or selections, photo browser offers quick access to iPhoto Library, events, albums, smart albums, and pictures folder.
Use your iSight camera to add pictures to your compositions. The software includes “automator actions” for converting, resizing, enhancing, adding special effects, and transforming images. Image processing is powered by core image and open GL.
Digital Scrapbook Artist 2
There’s never been a better time to dig your photos out and make something beautiful with them that you can share with others. Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 makes it easy to create scrapbooks, cards, invitations and albums, plus you’ll find crafting tools like scissors and stencils and a photo editor, so your designs will be beautiful and totally unique.
The tools and features are designed for digital scrapbookers of all skill and experience levels. Whether you want to make a simple photo page or an entire book of memories using advanced techniques, help is always available.