Cloud computing presents many opportunities for helping you solve your organization’s fundamental business and IT challenges. Windows Server 2012 captures Microsoft experience gained from building and operating public clouds to deliver a highly dynamic and cost effective server platform for your private cloud. It offers businesses and hosting providers a scalable, dynamic, and multi-tenant aware cloud infrastructure that securely connects across premises and allows IT to respond to business needs more efficiently.
Here is a list of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 New Features.
Windows Server 2012 helps organizations and hosting providers go beyond virtualization by offering:
- Increased scalability and performance through a high-density, highly scalable environment that can be tuned to perform at an optimal level based on your needs.
- Connectivity to cloud services using a common identity and management framework for more secure and reliable cross-premises connectivity.
- A complete virtualization platform that delivers a fully isolated, multi-tenant environment with tools that can guarantee service level agreements (SLAs).
Power of many servers with the simplicity of one:
Windows Server 2012 helps IT professionals optimize IT for the cloud while satisfying business needs faster and more efficiently by providing a highly available and multiple server platform that offers the following benefits:
- The new and improved features offer cost-effective IT service with high levels of uptime. Servers are designed to endure failures without disrupting services to users.
- Windows Server 2012 helps IT departments automate an even broader set of management tasks and simplifies deployment and virtualization of major workloads, which provides a path to full lights-out automation.
- It also takes advantage of commodity storage, networking, and server infrastructure, and offers increased power efficiency for superior acquisition and operating economics.
Every app on any cloud:
Windows Server 2012 offers the flexibility to build infrastructure across premises on an open, scalable, and elastic web and application platform.
- Windows Server 2012 enables symmetrical or hybrid applications across the data center and the cloud. You can build applications that use distributed and temporally decoupled components.
- It provides frameworks, services, and tools to increase scalability and elasticity for multi-tenant enabled applications. The platform also improves website density and efficiency, while enabling service providers to better build, provision and manage a hosting environment.
- It enables business critical applications and enhances support for open standards, open source applications and various development languages.
Modern workstyle enabled:
Windows Server 2012 offers the following benefits to IT professionals and end users:
- Seamless, on-demand access to a virtualized work environment from virtually anywhere, including branch locations and public connectivity services.
- Personalized and rich user experience on popular devices while adapting to different network conditions quickly and responsively.
- Central audit and access policies enable granular access to data and corporate resources based on strong identity, data classification, and simplified administration for remote access.
Windows Server 2012 will be released in September 2012 in four editions: Standard, Datacenter, Essentials and Foundation. Both Standard and Datacenter editions provide the same set of features and the only thing that differentiates the editions is the number of virtual machines (VM). Windows Server 2012 Essentials is the latest version of Windows Small Business Server Essentials. It is a cloud enabled first server with an intuitive user interface. It is a flexible offering that provides a platform for running on-premises or cloud-based workloads. The Foundation edition has the general purpose server functionality with no virtualization rights.