Autodesk Acquires Vela Systems - Construction Software
Justin | On 13, Jul 2012
Recently Autodesk just announced that they acquired Vela Systems who specializes in field management software for the construction industry. Vela Systems combines mobile technologies and BIM (Building Information Modeling) at the point of construction to improve the quality, safety and profitability of projects and companies.
Combined with the Autodesk BIM portfolio, the Vela Systems software has already helped contractors, owners, architects and engineers accelerate project schedules, reduce project risk, and improve the flow of information, including key data and project photos, between project stakeholders. Autodesk users can now reduce reliance on manual processes to track progress, document work activities and resolve issues. With the Vela Systems integration, users can also visualize the as-designed building in the field to improve quality and fidelity to design intent; streamline reviews; save money with more efficient workflows by linking physical tasks to a virtual model; and capture critical data on materials, systems, and equipment.*
Together, Autodesk Navisworks software and the Vela Systems Field BIM Software Suite help Builders:
- Save time by reducing reliance on manual processes to track materials, document work activities, and resolve issues
- Visualize the as-designed building in the field to improve quality and fidelity to design intent
- Streamline reviews, communication, and collaboration using a 3D model that better reflects on-site conditions.
- Save money with more efficient workflows by linking physical tasks to a virtual model
- Capture critical data on materials, systems, and equipment such as installed and warranty “as-of” dates
- Automatically transfer linked files, such as operations and maintenance manuals, to the owner’s handover model upon completion of the project
*source: Autodesk Press Release