Adobe Creative Suite 6 - New Features
With Creative Suite 6 (CS6), Adobe has made a few changes to their Creative Suite editions. The CS6 suite editions have been consolidated into four editions–Adobe CS6 Design Standard, Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe CS6 Production Premium, and Adobe CS6 Master Collection. Here you can find out more about the Adobe Creative Suite 6 new features and the suite editions.
When Adobe CS5 came out in 2010, Web Standard was dropped, leaving only Web Premium as an option. With CS6, Web Premium got the axe and now Design Premium carries the name Design & Web Premium. Past versions of Design Premium and Web Premium shared many of the same app sets–the only distinguishing apps were InDesign for Design Premium and Flash Builder for Web Premium–so the merger does make sense in most cases. However, the dirty little secret, though,is Design & Web Premium is exactly what Design Premium was in CS5. Flash Builder has been removed and is now only available via Master Collection or Creative Cloud.
Adobe CS6 Suite Editions
Adobe CS6 Design Standard edition enables lightning fast creativity with the new Mercury Graphics Engine in Adobe Photoshop and Mercury Performance System in Adobe Illustrator. You can tackle new design projects such as video editing with Photoshop and designing for iPads and other tablet devices with Adobe InDesign.
Adobe CS6 Design & Web Premium edition is the ultimate toolkit for professional design. With the premium edition, you can deliver eye catching digital images, craft graphics that remain crisp when scaled and design applications for tablets and smart phones.
Adobe CS6 Production Premium edition offers a sleek & fresh editing environment in Adobe Premiere Pro, 3D tracking and extruded text & shapes in Adobe After Effects, new content-aware tools in Adobe Photoshop Extended and faster editing in Adobe Audition. The new additions are Adobe Prelude for logging & ingest and Adobe SpeedGrade for color grading & finishing.
Adobe CS6 Master Collection edition delivers unprecedented performance with blazing fast 64-bit native support and GPU acceleration. Groundbreaking new creative tools provide innovative ways to design for the latest devices.
Top Features of Adobe CS6
The features of Adobe Creative Suite 6 include:
- Retouching magic in Photoshop: Retouch images with astonishing ease and precision. Patch the images with greater control using Content-Aware Patch.
- Multiple layout versions in one InDesign file: Efficiently manage multiple layouts based on a single set of content. Use Alternate Layout to create multiple versions in one document. Use Liquid Layout to automate layout resizing based on page size.
- Blazing fast FTP performance in Dreamweaver: Transfer large files with blazing speed using a specifically engineered and multi-threaded File Transfer Protocol in Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Real time clip stretching in Adobe Audition: Stretch audio clips non-destructively in real time. Preview changes & settings and render for higher quality results. Easily adjust pitch and speed together using varispeed mode.
- Astonishing performance in Photoshop: Experience blazing fast interactions when editing with key tools such as Crop, Transform, Liquify, and Puppet Warp. The Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine delivers unprecedented speed and responsiveness for a fluid feel as you work.
- Content linking across InDesign documents: Link content that appears in multiple InDesign documents so that changes made to parent text or objects are applied automatically to all linked children objects. Save time and avoid hassles when making last minute changes.
- Image tracing in Illustrator: Convert raster images to editable vectors with a completely new tracing engine. Get clean lines, accurate fitting and reliable results without dealing with complex controls.
- PDF forms in InDesign: Use InDesign to add form fields to a layout. Include standard elements such as text fields, radio buttons & checkboxes and export the form as a PDF file for online publishing.
- Soundtrack mixdown in Adobe Audition: Send Adobe Premiere Pro sequences with a reference video to Adobe Audition for complete soundtrack creation. You can then return the project to Adobe Premiere Pro for final output.
- Adobe Mercury Performance System in Illustrator: Work blazingly fast (including the processing intensive effects such as blurs, glows, and drop shadows). With native 64-bit support on both Mac OS and Windows, access the entire RAM on your system
- Robust metadata for production management: Enjoy rich metadata support throughout Production Premium for efficient editing and project management. Use metadata-rich scripts to track complex productions with Adobe Story.
- Interoperability with third-party tools: Preserve your creative intention with high fidelity exchange between components of Production Premium and third party software and hardware. Use Adobe Mercury Transmit for better integration with I/O hardware.
Satish K. contributed to this article.