The success of your business depends on the ability of your people to collaborate and communicate from anywhere at any time. To do this, your company’s services must always be available to them. Microsoft Office 365 is the next step in the future of productivity and a brand new way to think about productivity in the Cloud. Office 365 is a revolutionary technology that allows individuals and companies to create and maintain a virtual office in the cloud. It offers businesses and professionals with an easy and flexible way to work on the go from a PC, through a browser and a smart phone.
You don’t buy and install Office 365, you subscribe to it and it is ready-to-go. When a business signs up for a subscription to Office 365, the service’s hosted environment is automatically provisioned at an appropriate data center based on geographical location.
Office 365 Services
Office 365 services offer the powerfully integrated capabilities of SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Lync Online, as well as Office Professional Plus as a cost effective way to enhance the collaboration, communication and productivity of your people.
Office Professional Plus
With Microsoft Office Professional Plus, you get the latest version of Office applications—seamlessly integrated with the other Office 365 online services. You can access your documents, email, and calendars from virtually any device.
- Master your Inbox and calendar with Conversation View and other advanced management tools in Outlook.
- Leverage the power of business and social networking right within Outlook with the Outlook Social Connector.
- Collaborate with control and confidence with co-authoring.
- Instantly share slideshows around the world with PowerPoint Broadcast Slide Show.
- Create presentations that are as brilliant to watch as they are easy to create with new video and photo editing tools in PowerPoint.
- Quickly work with hundreds of millions of rows of data in Excel to transform enormous quantities of data into meaningful information.
Microsoft Exchange Online provides business-class email, calendar, and contacts for organizations of all sizes.
- Equip employees with large 25GB mailboxes and the ability to send email messages up to 25MB in size.
- Protect your information with built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters that maintain the latest defenses against viruses and spam.
- Enable employees to work together more effectively with shared calendar, contacts, and meeting rooms.
- Access your mailbox from wherever you go, with full support for Outlook, a premium web browser experience, and access from a wide range of mobile phones, including Windows Phone, BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm, and certain Android and Nokia phones.
Microsoft SharePoint Online helps businesses of all sizes create sites to share documents and information with colleagues and customers.
- Manage and share important documents with colleagues.
- Share personal insights and status updates with colleagues.
- Keep teams in sync and manage important projects.
- Find important documents and people easily.
- Stay up to date with company information and news.
- Market your business with a simple public-facing web site.
Microsoft Lync Online is a next-generation cloud communications service that connects people in new ways, anytime, from virtually anywhere.
- Move easily from instant messaging into ad-hoc online meetings including audio, video, and screen sharing with just a few mouse clicks.
- Conduct online presentations to customers and colleagues including audio, video, screen sharing, and a virtual whiteboard.
- Invite external contacts to easily join online meetings via a native or web-based client.
- Communicate with external organizations running Lync using instant messaging, audio, and video through Lync federation.
- Connect with Windows Live Messenger contacts using IM, audio, and video calls directly from Lync.
- Click interactive presence icons within Outlook, SharePoint, and Office apps to start IM sessions, video calls, or online meetings with only a few clicks.
Benefits of Office 365 over Traditional Software Installations
Gain Access Virtually Anywhere
Office 365 helps you work from virtually anywhere on nearly any device—PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. Working remotely means anywhere access to the information you need with the most consistent and secure experience. When you are not at the office, you can access your Inbox with Outlook Web App, view and edit documents with Office Web App, or join an online meeting with Lync Web App.
Simple to Learn, Straightforward to Use
Office 365 is easy to try, simple to learn, and straightforward to use. You don’t need to learn new software, install complicated systems, or learn new jargon. In just a few minutes, you can create a trial account and see how easily your business can be in the cloud.
99.9% Availability, Financially-Backed Guarantee
Keep IT in Control
Through the Office 365 management site, IT stays in control. Patches, updates, and back-end upgrades are automatically applied while you retain control over when to deploy major changes. You can delegate authority for specific administrative tasks through Role-Based Access Controls.
Choose a Plan That Fits Your Needs
Office 365 is available in a variety of plans to meet your businesses and IT needs. Each plan has the same 99.9 percent uptime guarantee and the robust security you expect from Microsoft.
Office 365 can provide your business with predictable annual costs of using the communications, collaboration, and productivity tools. In addition, it can help you significantly reduce costs and effort spent deploying and managing on-premise servers.
Microsoft is proud to provide global IT-level support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for Office 365 subscribers. Your service administrators can create support tickets anytime or call any one of the support centers around the globe.
You can find Office 365 and tons of other great deals on software at SoftwareMedia.com.
Article Contributor: Satish Kumar