Microsoft Visio Standard vs Professional vs Premium
- Mason Hymas
- On January 3, 2012
With various editions of Microsoft Visio 2010 and Visio 2007 available, many are asking, “Which edition of Visio is right for me? What does Visio 2010 do that Visio 2007 doesn’t? What’s the difference between Visio Standard vs Professional vs Premium?” Without a little guidance, choosing can be very difficult. This Visio Comparison Guide is designed to compare the key features in each version and edition and help simplify your shopping experience.
Visio 2010 Edition Comparison
|Templates and shapes for diagramming|
|Intuitive navigation and easy diagraming|
|Dynamic, data-driven diagrams|
|Customization and extensibility|
Basic Standard Advanced
Visio Version Comparison
|Process Management Tools|
|Data linking and display|
Basic Standard Advanced
Microsoft Visio Standard 2010
Microsoft Visio Standard helps you quickly create visually appealing documents. With a diverse set of intuitive diagramming tools – including pre-drawn shapes, templates, and automatic drawing features – you can effectively and efficiently improve your communication with others.
Our Price: $199.95
Key Features in Visio Standard 2010
- Align and position everything in the diagram or a selected area properly with only one click.
- Add shapes without leaving the drawing page with just one click, using a floating window that contains your most common shapes.
- Keep large diagrams organized and understandable by grouping related shapes logically and visually into containers.
- Find and access the features and tools you need more quickly with a new user interface that is consistent with other Office applications.
- This stencil collects the shapes from each open stencil’s Quick Shapes area in one convenient view, so you don’t have to switch between stencils to find the shapes you want.
- Create and monitor SharePoint workflows with an intelligent, advanced template that contains SharePoint workflow rules and logic.
- Export your workflow to SharePoint Designer to add configuration details for execution. Import a workflow to Visio to view and modify it visually.
- Publish any type of diagram (static or data-linked) to SharePoint Server 2010 using Visio Services, with just a few clicks. Diagrams are rendered in Microsoft Silverlight (high-fidelity) or PNG format.
- Refresh the real-time data linked to your diagrams manually or configure the settings to refresh automatically at the intervals you define.
- Pan and zoom within diagrams, follow hyperlinks in shapes, navigate through pages, and delve into each shape’s data.
Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
Microsoft Visio Professional provides real-time data connections that allow you to create dynamic, data-driven diagrams easily shared through a browser. It also provides more templates and shapes for engineering, finance, operations, sales, and human resources professionals.
Our Price: $335.95
New or Improved Features in Visio Professional 2010
- All the features included with Visio Standard 2010
- Building architecture and service diagrams, including space, floor plan, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and more
- Detailed network diagrams, including Active Directory services, and rack servers
- Pivot diagram to automatically create hierarchical diagrams that group and total your data for visual analysis and presentation
- Automatic data linking to one or multiple data sources such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, and SharePoint Foundation list
- Data graphics to show real-time data right within the diagrams, using vibrant colors, icons, symbols, and data bars
- Data legend to explain the meaning of data-linked data graphics
- Real-time sharing of dynamic, data-driven diagrams via a browser, using Visio Services and SharePoint 2010 integration
- Database modeling diagrams with reverse engineering of any Open Database Connectivity-compliant data source
- Visual mashups with Visio Services to create dashboards using real-time data and other services in SharePoint Server 2010
- Data-driven solution support API
Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
Microsoft Visio Premium offers the most advanced and efficient diagramming tools for managing IT, process, quality, and compliance scenarios. With intelligent, rule-based templates such as SharePoint Workflow, BPMN, and Six Sigma, driving consistency and accuracy across your organization is easier than ever.
Our Price: $484.95
New or Improved Features in Visio Premium 2010
- All the features included in Visio Professional 2010
- Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) template that contains BPMN shapes and intelligent rules
- SharePoint Workflow template that contain SharePoint workflow shapes and intelligent rules
- Six Sigma templates that contain Six Sigma shapes and intelligent rules
- Intelligent validation to find common diagramming errors or check for compliance with business rules
- Subprocesses to break complex processes in diagrams into more manageable pieces for reuse and consistency
- Subprocess API
Microsoft Visio 2007
Earlier versions of Microsoft Visio (including 2007 & 2003) only included 2 editions, Standard and Premium.
- With Microsoft Visio 2007 Standard, IT and business people can easily visualize, explore and communicate complex information. Complicated text and tables can be turned into Visio diagrams, which give the information at a glance. Information about organizational systems, resources, and processes is easily understood and acted upon with the Visio 2007 diagrams.
- With Microsoft Visio 2007 Professional, IT and business people can easily visualize, explore and communicate complex information. Complicated text and tables can be turned into Visio diagrams, which give the information at a glance. Visio diagrams are connected to their data, so it’s easy to refresh and stay up to date. Information about organizational systems, resources, and processes is easily understood and acted upon with the Visio 2007 diagrams. Visio Professional 2007 offers advanced functionality, such as data connectivity and visualization features, that Office Visio Standard 2007 does not.
Visual Studio 2010 Edition November 3, 2011 | Mason Hymas
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 vs 2007 January 3, 2012 | Mason Hymas
Microsoft Office 2010 Edition Comparison June 3, 2012 | Mason Hymas
- Microsoft Visio Standard vs Professional vs Premium
- Microsoft Office 2010 Edition Comparison
- Graphic Design Software for Beginners
- Set Up Your Database and Create a Report in Crystal Reports
- 10 Countries with Highest Number of Apple Device Users
- Top Features of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6
- Microsoft Open Business Licensing Guide
- How To Export Quickbooks Data Into Quicken Format
- Top 5 Software Programs to Help You Get More From Your Business
- SoftwareMedia.com now recognized as Google Trusted Store
- Security Software Sale! Get Up To 65% Off Popular Security Software
- To Celebrate the End of 2014 We’re Offering Huge Discounts on Big Brand Software!
- Celebrate the Holiday Season With Us! When you Give a Gift, Get a Gift. Details Inside …
- Get Free Express Shipping in Time for Christmas!
- Mainstream Support Ending for Windows Server 2008
- Save Big on Cyber Monday! Coupon Code Inside …