Microsoft Open Volume Program
Microsoft Open Volume Licensing Microsoft Open Volume Licensing offers deep discounts for businesses making large purchases. Open Volume goes by a point system and requires a minimum initial order of 500 points within a product pool. Product Pools are separated into three categories – Applications, Systems, or Servers. To see a list of all the porducts with the product pool they belong to, see Open Volume Licenses. Each license carries a unit value of at least one point; with many licenses counting for higher unit values.
Points Points are calculated based on three product pools (Applications, Systems, and Servers), with a minimum entry acquisition level of 500 points in each chosen pool. Product licenses vary between 1 and 400 points.
A software license grants you the right to run or access a software program, but it does not come with the program itself. In order to obtain the media, you must log onto EOpen and register. There you will be able to either download the media for all Open Licenses that you have purchased. Or you can purchase the media for $25 if you’d like the actual CD/DVD (also purchased through EOpen). You are entitled to one media pack for the program you purchased Open Licenses for.
You have the option to purchase your licenses with Software Assurance (SA) or without. If you decide against Software Assurance and later change your mind, you can purchase it separately. Purchasing some licenses with SA and some without is fine. Read about Software Assurance benefits.
How to Buy Microsoft Open Volume
Find out how many computers need which specific software. Decide whether you would like to purchase software assurance. Find the licenses you need by visiting our Microsoft Open Volume License page or call 1-800-474-1045 ext 3 for a Certified Professional.
To buy licenses within the Applications & Systems Pool, you will need a license for every computer or user that needs to access that software program. You can choose between Licenses with Software Assurance or just Licenses.
To buy licenses within the Server Pool, a server license is required for each operating system environment, as well as a CAL for each user or device who wants to access that program. User CALs are usually more cost effective if there are multiple devices per user (for example, a user has a laptop and handheld computer). Device CALs are usually more cost effective if there are multiple users per device (for example, a call center or an airport kiosk).
Microsoft Open Volume Example
SQL Server 2005 for 30 employees
Exchange Server 2007 Standard for 100 employees
Upgrades for Windows Vista Business Edition for 100 employees.
You choose to purchase software assurance for all of the licenses.
SQL and Exchange both fall under the Servers Pool, thus giving you 510 points within the Servers Pool and qualifying you for the Open Volume discounts.
Vista falls under the Systems Pool, and you only have 400 points. Therefore your Vista purchases are not eligible for Microsoft Open Volume, and should go through Microsoft Open Business.
If you’ve placed a prior Microsoft Open Volume order with SoftwareMedia, you’ll be able to place additional orders at our discount open volume prices within your two-year term. These additional orders can be as small as one license as long as it is within your product pool. To purchase at the open volume prices for a different product pool, you’ll need to purchase a minimum of 500 points within that pool.
- Microsoft Visio Standard vs Professional vs Premium
- Graphic Design Software for Beginners
- Microsoft Office 2010 Edition Comparison
- Set Up Your Database and Create a Report in Crystal Reports
- Top Features of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6
- Microsoft Open Business Licensing Guide
- How To Export Quickbooks Data Into Quicken Format
- 10 Countries with Highest Number of Apple Device Users
- Top 5 Software Programs to Help You Get More From Your Business
- SoftwareMedia.com now recognized as Google Trusted Store
- Security Software Sale! Get Up To 65% Off Popular Security Software
- To Celebrate the End of 2014 We’re Offering Huge Discounts on Big Brand Software!
- Celebrate the Holiday Season With Us! When you Give a Gift, Get a Gift. Details Inside …
- Get Free Express Shipping in Time for Christmas!
- Mainstream Support Ending for Windows Server 2008
- Save Big on Cyber Monday! Coupon Code Inside …