Top 10 Best Anti Virus for 2011
Janae | On 03, Jul 2011
The new year brings a new set of computer viruses and security breaches. It also brings the newest line of antivirus software programs. New internet security suites are released constantly, and it can be hard to choose which one to buy. Many review sites and tech magazines have run tests in their labs to determine their top picks for best anti-virus 2011 software. We’ve sorted through the results of those tests to come up with a composite list based on the merits each reviewer found with these titles. This list showcases the Top 10 AntiVirus for 2011. While some big names make the list, we think you will be surprised with how well some of the underdogs performed.
10. Comodo Antivirus Advanced 2011Comodo Antivirus Advanced 2011Comodo isn’t as well known as some of the big names in the market, but their antivirus and internet security programs is on-par with the competition.
9. Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus + 2011- This year, Trend Micro rebranded their virus protection software line: Trend Micro Titanium series anti virus. It may not provide the best protection of the bunch, but Titanium Antivirus + 2011 is lightweight, unobtrusive, and offers an attractive new look.
8. McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011- McAfee has long established itself a leader in computer virus security. AntiVirus Plus 2011 earns top marks for virus prevention, however it falls a little short with cleaning up an already infected system.
7. Anti-Virus 2011- AVG introduces a brand new feature to their already impressive Anti-Virus 2011: AVG Social Networking Protection. With social media growing daily, AVG makes sure all the shared links are safe for you.
6. Panda Antivirus Pro 2011- Panda is one of the few manufacturers to include a fully functional two-way firewall with their Antivirus Pro 2011 software. It also has strong malware and virus safeguards.
5. PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2011- Just as the name implies, Spyware Doctor will patch up your system and get it back to a healthy state in no time. Very strong virus and malware protection and removal; however, getting it installed on computers with pre-existing virus conditions may be troublesome.
4. Kaspersky AntiVirus 2011- 2011 seems to be the year of makeovers, and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 is no exception. Coupled with powerful antivirus tools, Kaspersky has once again proved they are one of the best antivirus software manufacturers on the market.
3. Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper 2011- Redesigned and more powerful than ever, Webroot AntiVirus 2011 has focused on simplicity while still providing some of the best virus prevention and virus removal tools available today.
2. BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011- With a comprehensive feature set, BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 fights back at viruses with both barrels blazing. These tools provide top-notch virus protection, but can be a little heavy on resource use when running full scans.
1. Notron AntiVirus 2011- Norton may be the most recognized name in anti virus software, and with just cause. Norton AntiVirus 2011, despite occasional issues with application compatibility, has improved on this and many other great features found in past editions to claim the title for Best AntiVirus of 2011.