Adobe CS5.5 New Features Guide
SoftwareMedia is here with our detailed list of CS5.5 features and upgrades to help you determine whether an upgrade to Adobe CS5.5 is right for you. We have compiled this list of new and improved features so that you may decide for yourself whether Adobe CS5 is good enough, if you’d like to pay for the half-life upgrade to CS5.5, or if you’d like to simply wait for the future Adobe CS6 release.
Adobe CS5.5 Suite Comparison
|Photoshop CS5 Extended|
|Acrobat X Professional|
|Flash Catalyst CS5.5|
|Flash Professional CS5.5|
|Flash Builder 4.5 Premium|
|Premiere Pro CS5.5|
|After Effects CS5.5|
|Device Central CS5|
Here is a concise bullet-list of some of the new features and upgrades in Adobe CS5.5.
Acrobat X Professional now included in Master Collection, Web Premium and Design Premium
- Warp Stabilizer eliminates unwanted camera movement, allowing you to stabilize shaky camera shots in post-production.
- Camera Lens Blur easily mimics physical camera lenses, giving realistic depth-of-field blur.
- Light Falloff enables users to mimic the natural behavior of light in a 3D scene.
- Now functions on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- Completely re-written for enhanced performance.
- HTML5 emulation and support.
- Adobe BrowserLab has been updated for cross-browser compatibility testing.
- New HTML5 support includes jQuery mobile framework for integration with browser-based content.
- PhoneGap integration for native and mobile application design.
- Multi-screen panel enhancements that support the latest media queries, WebKit engine updates and CSS3.
- Mobile support for ActionScript and mobile Flex projects.
- Improved designer-developer collaboration throughout development of applications.
- New bi-directional workflow with Flash Catalyst CS5.5 and Flash Professional CS5.5.
- Easily scale content for different screen sizes.
- New shared asset feature for more streamlined publishing.
- 20 new code snippets for creating mobile and Adobe AIR apps for accelerometer, multitouch gestures and save/load data.
- Enhanced application development for mobile devices such as Android, Blackberry, Tablet OS and iOS devices.
Illustrator CS5 (not upgraded)
- Variable width strokes.
- More precise arrowheads.
- Dashed line controls.
- Stretch controls for brushes.
- Brushes with new corner controls.
- New Folio producer tools work with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
- Now design rich media for use on tablets and smartphones.
- Add video, audio, panoramic views, 360-degree image rotation, pan and zoom and integrate HTML5 content into documents for tablets.
Photoshop Extended CS5 (not upgraded)
- Content-Aware Fill removes details or objects from images and fills the space left behind, appearing as though the removed content had never been present.
- New Photoshop-based apps for iPad and smartphones.
- The Mercury Playback Engine has been given expanded GPU hardware support to include laptops and many more supported graphics cards.
- New editing and trimming tools make post-production even more precise and efficient.
- New Merge Clips command allows you to easily sync high-quality audio recorded from separate sources, and is perfect for DSLR or RED camera use.
- Enhanced Support for tapeless cameras.
- New 64-bit Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5 has been redesigned to easily deliver Premiere Pro CS5.5, After Effects CS5.5 and Encore CS5.5 projects to multiple screen formats.
- New support for formats such as AVC-Intra and DPX
- Enhanced exchange between other NLES (non-linear editing systems).
November 27, 2013
November 25, 2013
November 20, 2013
November 19, 2013
November 11, 2013
November 6, 2013