Oracle Primavera Review
Oracle Primavera P6 offers best-in-class solutions focused on the mission critical Professional Project Management (PPM) requirements of key vertical industries including engineering and construction, public sector, aerospace and defense, utilities, oil and gas, manufacturing, IT & services.
Primavera is focused exclusively on helping project-intensive businesses manage their entire project portfolio lifecycle, including projects of all sizes. It is estimated that projects totaling more than $6 trillion in value have been managed with Primavera products. Companies turn to Primavera project portfolio management solutions to help them make better portfolio management decisions, evaluate the risks and rewards associated with projects and determine whether there are sufficient resources with the right skills to accomplish the work. These best-in-class solutions provide the project execution and control capabilities needed to successfully deliver projects on time, within budget and with the intended quality and design.
Primavera P6 provides executives with a real time view of their organization’s project, program and portfolio performance. It equips managers with the right blend of usability, power and flexibility to effectively and efficiently execute on projects. It enables individuals across all levels of an organization to analyze, record, communicate reliable information and make timely and informed decisions.
Primavera’s PPM products, together with Oracle’s project financials, human resources, supply chain management, product lifecycle management, business intelligence, and infrastructure software are expected to provide the first, comprehensive Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution.
Maximizing Potential: The Benefits of Primavera
Covering all aspects of professional project management, Primavera applications enable the companies to
- Identify and select the right projects: Prioritizing enterprise investments based on risk tolerance and resource constraints.
- Easily view project data: Summarized information across multiple and disparate project teams with easily configurable scorecards and expanded visibility into project status, costs and risks. The result: Greater program control and improved compliance reporting.
- Assess project performance: Up-to-the-minute performance data across all business units and regions via a logical and easy-to-read dashboard. The result: More effective and efficient project management.
- View only the data needed: Customizable data views that enable users to view only the information they need – in a format that makes sense to them.
- Control job costs: Access to cost information for multiple projects. The result: Improved execution, efficiency, compliance, and overall planning.
- Improve decision-making: Visibility into the types of changes that can have an impact on projects, enabling organizations to make better-informed and timelier decisions.
- Maximize resources: Improved resource planning and utilization, enabling organizations to proactively track resource demand, address staffing requirements and view available resources for common skill sets.
Primavera at Work: Herbalife
With more than 2 million distributors worldwide, Herbalife has a simple but ambitious goal: To change lives through its nutrition products and business opportunity. To achieve this goal, the company relies on a significant IT infrastructure. In fact, it’s not unusual for Herbalife to be juggling 30 or 40 simultaneous IT projects. Prior to adopting Primavera, Herbalife’s IT organization was having a hard time managing this task.
By taking advantage of Primavera, Herbalife was able to
- Complete large-scale IT projects on time and within budget.
- Enable real-time executive viewing of IT project timelines and costing data.
- Achieve visibility within and across all IT projects.
- Improve customer service.
Many contractors have standardized on Primavera products, with some purchasing decisions driven by the PPM software in use at the clients’ sites. Although it can be used for small projects, Primavera P6 was also developed to enable contractors to plan, schedule and control large-scale and multiple projects simultaneously. Successful implementers range from AEC firms with $10 million to more than $500 million in annual revenue, as well as public and private owners and operators. Through Primavera P6 Web Access, users around the globe can receive real-time access to the same information. One reason for the popularity of Primavera P6 is its ability to separate complex projects into small and more easily manageable jobs. Check out SoftwareMedia.com for big discounts when you buy Oracle Primavera P6.
Contributing writer: Satish Kumar