A Visual Studio 2010 Edition Comparison for the Multiple-Edition Afflicted
- On May 3, 2010
Multiple-Edition Distinction for User to Specificate Affliction, or MEDUSA as it’s often referred (at least, at my desk anyway), is a serious affliction affecting many software users across the globe. With software companies throwing ambiguous words like Premium, Ultimate, Master, Basic, Starter, and Professional into their titles, we consumers have absolutely no idea what the difference between these versions actually is, other than syllable count.
One such software titan doing just that is Microsoft with their Visual Studio 2010. In an effort to help simplify choosing among the various editions, Microsoft re-vamped their past system of names and slapped a bunch of new name labels on their Visual Studio product-line. These new names reflect those common with its recent operating systems, Vista and Windows 7. While this is great for first-timers, many of us have gone through the “physical therapy” of learning what the old titles mean. So, is Visual Studio 2008 Professional the same as Visual Studio 2010 Professional? Or is it more like Premium? What about Ultimate? Looks like a new prescription is in order.
The good news is we’ve already got your dose: may I introduce our Visual Studio 2010 Edition Comparison chart. Just follow the link, check out the bulleted feature list, and get in the know. This sweet guide goes in-depth with the four main options of VS 2010 to help you figure out which one(s) carries the tools you need. It may not answer the 2008 to 2010 upgrade question perfectly, but you’ll easily be able to decipher the features found in each new version. From there you can decide on how ultimate or premium or whatever you want to be.
Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 Review... January 25, 2012 | Kyle Fordrung
Visual Studio 2010 New Features December 10, 2011 | Mason Hymas
Save on Visual Studio Before Price Increase... August 24, 2012 | lisa
Microsoft 2012 Licensing Now Available! September 7, 2012 | Kyle Fordrung
- Adobe Acrobat XI Standard vs. Professional
- Microsoft Visio Standard vs Professional vs Premium
- Top 5 Best Antivirus Software for 2014
- Graphic Design Software for Beginners
- Microsoft Office 2010 Edition Comparison
- Set Up Your Database and Create a Report in Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Open Business Licensing Guide
- Top 5 Best Antivirus Software for 2013
- It’s Our Anniversary Sale! Earn Double Points Until The End Of September
- Labor Day Sale! Coupon Code Inside
- SoftwareMedia is Getting a Facelift!
- Heartbleed Bug: Everything You Need to Know
- Support for XP Has Ended! Get Compliant Today
- Microsoft Self Audit Letter sent to 30,000 Companies – Get Compliant Today
- Down to the Wire: Support for Windows XP and Office 2003 Ends in April
- Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2 New Features